While looking through my new Vista, I found out that my cpu is 64bit capable! I was like.. OMFG hell yeah! I whipped out the 64bit Vista DVD and nuked all my hard work of setting up software without even giving it a second thought… About 20 mins later, I was back in my new found love, except this time I dove right into installing software. One by one, I get basic stuff installed in following order:
- daemon tools (went out and got the upgraded vista version) no problems
- Microsoft Office 2007 ultimate, uh.. thank god no problems there
- McAfee VirusScan, ofcourse problems.. knew that from 32 bit version but what the hell.. was worth a try
- Trillian – another no problem
- VMWare Server………………………………………….PROBLEMS! Sigh.. they don’t support 64bit Vista. Who would’ve known? They support installing 64bit version as virtual machines but then why they don’t support 64bit Vista installation is beyond me… ok now this is a BLOCKER. I need my virtual machines to test all the software I install on servers.
Oh well its too late in the morning so time for me to goto sleep and deal with this later.
First in series: http://crazytoon.com/2007/02/04/windows-vista-installation/